camel-users mailing list archives

From lchdev <>
Subject Re: deadLetterHandleNewException(false) seems to not work as expected
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 08:07:15 GMT

But that's exactly what I found confusing: the option name
"deadLetterHandle*New*Exception" suggests that we are configuring the
behavior of the DeadLetterChannel in the case of a new exception only, while
we actually also disable the handling of the original exception...

The unit test you linked only covers the case of an exception thrown by the
original route *and* by the dead letter channel. The use case I am trying to
discuss is the following:
* deadLetterHandleNewException(false)
* original route throws an exception
* deadLetterChannel does NOT throw an exception

Expected result: no exception was thrown back
Actual result: the exception was thrown back !

Unfortunately, I could not find a Unit Test that covers this particular
scenario. Please have a look at this one instead: