camel-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Lamb <>
Subject Re: java dsl vs blueprint xml
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:17:48 GMT
As Christian suggested, blending the two is a good approach.  I’ve done that where I’ve
used blueprint to register services, but still use the java dsl for everything else.

I wouldn’t worry about deployment as a factor for choosing between the two if you’re using
karaf.  Sure, dropping an xml file into the deploy directory is nice and easy, and working
on it live in that directory is even better.  But you can use the bundle:watch command in
karaf to monitor maven repos and have it auto-redeploy every time you build.  It’s an awesome
workflow for your developers.

And while you can compile together all your blueprint xmls and deploy if you want to break
things down to smaller files (everything in src/main/resources/OSGI-INF will get included
automatically), if you want to share code between projects/services, then you’re going to
be writing Java code and sharing that anyway using good DI practices.

Personally, I use the Java DSL as much as I can, but sometimes need to dip into blueprint.