camel-users mailing list archives

From lchdev <>
Subject deadLetterHandleNewException(false) seems to not work as expected
Date Wed, 16 Dec 2015 10:32:07 GMT
I am trying to use the option /deadLetterHandleNewException(false)/ in order
to have any new Exception occurring during the dead letter processing be
propagated back. Unfortunately, when doing so, it seems that the dead letter
channel propagates back the original exception as well, even if the
DeadLetterChannel succeeded. This is definitely not the behavior that I

This has been tested with Camel 2.15.3 and 2.16.1, both behave in the same
(unexpected) way. Am I misconfiguring or misusing something ? Or is it a bug
? Here is a simple route (Java DSL) that is sufficient to illustrate the

Sending a message to this route will trigger an Exception that will be
propagated back to the producer, even if we can see in the logs that the
DeadLetterChannel has successfully *handled* the exception.