camel-users mailing list archives

From souciance <souciance.eqdam.ras...@gmail.com>
Subject java dsl vs blueprint xml
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:01:11 GMT
Hello,

We are in a project and have evaluated both the java dsl and blueprint and
we plan to deploy our routes to Karaf.

I understand that developing using blueprint will make the deployment
easier. However I have some reservations about blueprint.
1) It is in xml and not java so thats additional layer to work with.
2) Unlike in the java dsl, you cannot split the routes into several files
and import them.
3) A lot of the documentation provides most of the examples for the java
dsl.
4) The java dsl is easier to read for existing java developers.
5) Will blueprint exist in 5 years?

Do you as Camel users/developers have any specific thoughts on this?

Best
Souciance