camel-users mailing list archives

From jpeschke <>
Subject Re: Limit number of JMS messages when processing asynchronously
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 14:22:32 GMT
Thank you four your ideas, Claus.
We need the "asyncConsumer=true" setting as it dramatically boosts our
performance (the broker already delivers the messages unsorted, so we have
to re-order them anyway).

But a route policy should do the trick - I have already thought about
implementing a RoutePolicy to turn off the JMS consumer in some cases (The
processed JMS messages are buffered in a database, another camel route is
used to fetch & aggregate them. If there are many messages in the JMS queue,
we sometimes experience the problem that database reads are blocked by the
write operations of the JMS consumer until the traffic decreases - so for
periods of high traffic, it could be useful to disable the JMS consumer from
time to time to give the database consumer the chance to kick in)

So - RoutePolicy, here we go!

Thank you,