camel-users mailing list archives

From Steve Huston <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject Re: How to access payload from REST 404 reply in cxfrs?
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 18:02:22 GMT
Thank you very much for your quick help, Sergey!
I tried your solution and now get the following exception:

[Camel (rraaCamelContext) thread #2 - seda://from_rraa] ERROR org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils
- No message body reader has been found for class my.class.path.CrewServiceDeniedError, ContentType:
application/json

The code I have is:

        InvocationTargetException exception = exchange.getProperty(Exchange.EXCEPTION_CAUGHT,
InvocationTargetException.class);
        NotFoundException orig = (NotFoundException)(exception.getCause());
        CrewServiceDeniedError err = orig.getResponse().readEntity(CrewServiceDeniedError.class);

I created this class for the payload:

public class CrewServiceDeniedError {

    private String employeeID;
    private String reason;

    public String getEmployeeID()
    { return employeeID; }
    public void setEmployeeID(String id)
    { employeeID = id; }

    public String getReason()
    { return reason; }
    public void setReason(String r)
    { reason = r; }
}

-Steve

> On Nov 2, 2015, at 11:24 AM, Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
> If you can access NotFoundException then what you can do next is to do
>
> ErrorInfo errorInfo = exception.getResponse().readEntity(ErrorInfo.class)
>
> where ErrorInfo is a custom class capturing a JSON error response, you'd also need to
register Jackson or other provider to get it converted. Or read it as String.class and parse
manually