camel-users mailing list archives

From rajkumar123 <>
Subject Apply Caching to a apache camel route
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 16:10:13 GMT
I am looking for a way to apply caching to an existing camel route in my web
app so that if the request received can be resolved from the cache then
route execution would be skipped. If not the route would be executed and its
response would then be added to the cache.

I want to transparently apply caching in a decoupled manner in such that it
would have no impact on route logic along with option to enable/disable them

I see the following ways to do it

1.Apache Camel RoutePolicy
2.Apache Camel intercepts support
3.Servlet filters

But not sure if camel intercepts support pre and post processing of request
and response in a similar way as servlet filters.

I feel RoutePolicy can be leveraged for this use case, but not sure if it
supports pre and post processing of request and response to the route and
also activating/deactivating them in a configurable way.

Servlet filters would work but they are coupled to the web layer but still
they can be enabled/disabled in web config. I feel there might be more
effort involved in using them.

Can someone help me in deciding the best workable approach for my