camel-users mailing list archives

From AlanLew <a...@ptc.com>
Subject camel-xmpp: Disable message history on joining a room?
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 21:04:40 GMT
I'm attempting to write a XMPP bot using camel-xmpp and find that each time I
connect to the XMPP server (Atlassian HipChat, in this case) and join a
room, I get a bunch of "old" messages instantly sent to me. I've tried
checking Exchange or XmppMessage timestamps, but they're all new (e.g. not
accurate to when the message was sent) so I can't filter them that way.

Does anyone know of a way to ignore the blast of historic messages that gets
sent when connecting to the XMPP server and joining a room? Any assistance
would be greatly appreciated!