camel-users mailing list archives

From pratham <>
Subject Using camel-jetty options in recipient List
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2015 16:04:14 GMT
Hi ,

i am using camel spring xml for defining routes . The options i am
interested are  camel-jetty <>   options.I
am finding it difficult to understand what is going on in the scenario i am
describing below:

I have a sub-route which will be called from another route for sending
certain notifications to an external url(this is sort of callback to an

I have a python script running that will start a server listening on port
say 10001. So i can send POST requests to this url i.e

So when this route is called , recipientList is used as shown below:

<route id="sendCallback" xmlns="....">
    <from uri="direct:callbackRoute"/>
    <! -- other processing here !-->

This works fine , and the required notification is send to the url :
http://localhost:10001/callback and i can see the request hitting the

Now since this is a jetty endpoint can the options available for camel-jetty
components be used here? I am confused since http://localhost:10001/callback
is just a url/rest endpoint . So does it make sense to consider it a jetty
endpoint( is it producer endpoint?) .

The url above should simply be : http://localhost:10001/callback an not a
jetty endpoint. The above is not my own code but code i am maintaining so i
am trying to understand what is going on here.

Now if the options listed in
<>   are used the behavior is not clear.

If an option like enableJmx and few others are used as shown belowthen it
works fine and the request is sent to the url :
http://localhost:10001/callback  , ignoring ?enableJmx=false.

However if chunked=false is used:

Then it tries to send to http://localhost:10001/callback?enableJmx=false
which fails since this is now a GET request and i get 404 error.

The option i was looking for was 'chunked' option to disable chunking. I am
thinking that the 'chunked'
option can be used only for a consumer endpoint. Is my understanding correct

are the options like chunked only to be used for a Consumer endpoint as
shown below:

My Apologies for the lengthy description .

Thanks for your help ,