camel-users mailing list archives

From Sashika <sashik...@gmail.com>
Subject Camel File component for writing files
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 02:34:32 GMT
Hi,

I have a use case to use camel file component as a producer to write files.
In fact to append incoming messages to single file.

What I observed so far is camel does not keep the file open. Instead it
open the file, append the content and closes the file. This is repeated for
every single message received making it harder to deal with high message
rates.

I have the following questions in this regard. Hope someone can help me out

   - Is this the correct behavior or can we keep the file open so whatever
   the new messages coming in can be just appended
   - Is this the right pattern for this use case?. Or else can I use
   wiretap, or log pattern effectively instead of file?
   - When appending to a single file, the file component does not impose a
   new line. Instead it appends the new message  in a single line. Any reason
   for that?
   - Also observed the very first message is missing in the appended file.
   The file will contain only the second message and on wards. Is this a bug?

Thanks in advance
Sashika