camel-users mailing list archives

From Camel Guy <ca...@devguy.com>
Subject 2.16.0: Property placeholders inside <camelContext>
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 23:37:34 GMT
Hello,

I require property placeholders inside and outside of <camelContext> (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-7849).

I have the following defined outside <camelContext>:

<bean id="jasypt"
class="org.apache.camel.component.jasypt.JasyptPropertiesParser">
    <property name="password" value="sysenv:PROPERTIES_KEY"/>
</bean>
<bean id="bridgePropertyPlaceholder" class=
  "org.apache.camel.spring.spi.BridgePropertyPlaceholderConfigurer">
  <property name="locations" >
  <list>
    <value>classpath:default.properties</value>
  </list></property>
  <property name='parser' ref='jasypt'/>
</bean>

Unlike in 2.15.3, <log message="${body}"> throws errors like:

Could not resolve placeholder 'body' in string value "${body}"

It appears that the {{ }} alternative syntax is not getting engaged inside
<camelContext>.

I must instead use $simple{body}. This occurs throughout the camelContext
(e.g., inside <filter><simple>

I tried adding, to no avail, :

<propertyPlaceholder id="properties" propertiesParserRef="jasypt"
location='classpath:foo.properties'/>

<simple>$simple{}</simple> doesn't look great.

I'm wondering why others haven't found this in 2.16.0. I searched the
mailing list and the interwebtubes and couldn't find anything.

Thank you,
~cg