camel-users mailing list archives

From Martin Scheffler <martinscheff...@gmail.com>
Subject REST endpoint with CORS sends invalid header value for Access-Control-Allow-Origin
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 07:22:55 GMT
Hi all,

I tried enabling CORS for our camel REST endpoint and it does not really
work.
The Access-Control-Allow-Origin header is sent, as it should be.
Unfortunately the value of the header is "*, *" which is not accepted as
correct by newer browser versions.
Firefox 41.0.1 and Chrome 45.0 both reject this header value and do not
allow cross domain access. It seems newer browsers only
accept a single domain name or "*" and not a list of domains.

See http://www.w3.org/TR/cors/#access-control-allow-origin-response-header

So please change the default behavior to send only "*".

I tried setting the header value manually:

<restConfiguration component="servlet" bindingMode="json"
contextPath="MyService/rest" port="8080" enableCORS="true">
      <corsHeaders key="Access-Control-Allow-Origin"
value="localhost"/>
</restConfiguration>

But this results in a header value of "*, localhost" which is also not
accepted.

A workaround is to set <corsHeaders key="Access-Control-Allow-Origin"
value=""/>  which results in a value of "*" for some reason.

Cheers,
Martin