camel-users mailing list archives

From furchess123 <con...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: split().tokenize() w/regex-type token arg and grouping DOESN'T GROUP split items
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 20:26:22 GMT
Just checked the Camel source code:

    /**
     * Evaluates a token expression on the message body
     *
     * @param token the token
     * @param regex whether the token is a regular expression or not
     * @param group to group by the given number
     * @return the builder to continue processing the DSL
     */
    public T tokenize(String token, boolean regex, *int group*) {
        return delegate.tokenize(token, regex);
    }

*The  "group" parameter is never used!* Hello????

Is that an oversight? Why is it not documented, or, for that matter, why is
the documentation misleading and inaccurate? This seems like a major flaw.
Is there really no way to configure a system-agnostic file splitter that
would group lines? Or, perhaps, that works if I use XML configuration? But
I'd hate that, I have no XML in my application, everything is Java
configured.  Can anyone advise, please?