camel-users mailing list archives

From gramanero <graman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to read the contents of a file in Camel Spring DSL w/o File component?
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 16:50:39 GMT
I think threads may be the way to go because i am using the File component in
a way that deletes the file upon successful processing. The WireTap route,
should it fail, means that my file is gone and I lose knowledge that the
File ever existed (I am still learning so perhaps that in and of itself is a
poor approach).

Also, I am stuck on Camel 2.8 so not sure how much flexibility I have with
threads, but essentially it looks like I would do something like this:

<route>
   <from uri="file://..."/>
   <threads poolSize=10">
      <call web service in here>
   </threads>
</route>

My question is, does this free up the single threaded file component to pick
up another file? If so, what happens if the processing inside the thread
fails? I suspect that the File component will have already deleted the file
at that point?

Thank you Claus for the quick response!