camel-users mailing list archives

From Hans Orbaan <>
Subject RE: Idempotent consumer query
Date Thu, 27 Aug 2015 07:54:18 GMT

You might want to consider implementing your own IdempotentRepository. You can increment a
counter when add or confirm is called.
Then the contains method should only return true when you have reached 5.

With kind regards,

Hans Orbaan

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: gilboy []
Verzonden: Thursday 27 August 2015 9:26
Onderwerp: Idempotent consumer query

I have a use case were I want to process the same message on my route up to a maximum of 5
times. I understand the idempotent consumer can be used to ensure we don't process the same
messages twice. Just wondering if there exists already something similar to the idempotent
consumer were you can specify the max number of times you want to attempt to process the same
message on a route