camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Why does HazelcastSedaConsumer no implement ShutdownAware interface in Camel
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 08:25:56 GMT

Oh could it also be that the seda queue is clusteted, and if you
shutdown one node, you want other nodes to continue as-is, and the
node being shutdown should not wait for pending messages on the queue
to complete first.

The regular seda queue is pure internal and therefore it makes sense
it drain and process those messages as part of its shutdown. But for a
clustered queue its a different story.

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Claus Ibsen <> wrote:
> Hi
> I am not aware of any specific reason. And if there was one, then I
> prefer to write code comments or in the class javadoc about such
> reason.
> We love contributions so you are welcome to log a JIRA and work on a
> patch to implement this.
> On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 10:01 PM, Abhijeet Kushe
> <> wrote:
>> I wanted to know why the HazelCastSedaConsumer the 2.x or 3.x version does
>> not implement ShutdownAware interface which is implemented by
>> Camel-SedaConsumer
>> <>
>> .
>> We wanted to automate the gracelshutdown feature of one our services which
>> uses Camel and Hazelcast but we are blocked because we cannot find the
>> pendingInflightExchanges.We can extend the consumer where we implement that
>> service and maintaining the exchange count separately but it would have
>> been good if the Hazelcast themselves were implemented
>> But before beginning our implementation I wanted to know if there is a
>> specific reason for not implementing it or it was a miss
>> --
>> Thanks & Regards
>> Abhijeet S Kushe
> --