camel-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Block <andy.bl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rest DSL, HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE and bindings
Date Fri, 31 Jul 2015 05:12:30 GMT
Ed,

You can set the skipBindingModeOnErrorCode option to false to leverage the existing binding
configuration.

- Andy

--
Andrew Block

On July 30, 2015 at 4:21:00 PM, Ed Welch (ed@edjusted.com) wrote:

I'm trying to send a 400 response back to the client, however, I want to send the same body
type as registered with outType.

The docs around customer error messages say:

In the UserErrorService bean we build our custom error message, and set the HTTP error code
to 400. This is important, as that tells rest-dsl that this is a custom error message, and
the message should not use the output pojo binding (eg would otherwise bind to CountryPojo).

So when I set:

exchange.getIn().setHeader(Exchange.HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE, 400);

That tells the rest-dsl to not use the output pojo binding.

Except that's exactly what I want it to do.

Is there a way to return a 400+ response code AND keep the rest binding mode behavior as if
it were a 200?

Thanks!
Ed