camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: DUMP Camelcontext to XML DSL -- API ?
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2015 19:41:54 GMT
On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 5:38 PM, fxthomas <> wrote:
> hello,
>   I tried the ManagedRoute way, it worked but a problem i faced was that the
> bean entries which are linked to the routes are not  dumped.   Moreover the
> XML representation was not full working if i tried to load the XML  as
> spring .
> for example <expressionDefinition>body</expressionDefinition>  which was
> generated by the API did not work and i got error from camel saying language
> schema not present etc.  when i changed it to
> <simple>${body}</simple> . It worked fine

Yes a few things to look out for. You cannot output inlined processors
in xml. Also some of the java expressions and predicates can neither.
If you use the simple language then it can output in string.

> So can i dump the whole camlecontext as XML using some API which is
> currently as the  in the object  ??
> If there any ready reckoner which i can use to convert the java DSL to  XMl
> DSL.

Not sure what the question is? Are you talking about some tooling that
can take Camel java code and covert to xml automatic?