camel-users mailing list archives

From Craig Taylor <>
Subject Placing and referencing DTO via exchange properties
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2015 20:13:56 GMT
I'm attempting the following route given a TestDTO implemented which has a
constructor / getter / setter for a name property:

                from ("direct:testDTO")

                from ("direct:testDTO2")
                    .log(LoggingLevel.ERROR, "testDTO property is : ${}")

The logging output yields only

[                          main] route2                         ERROR
testDTO property is :

I've tried a number of other types of placement such as constant() etc in
place of bean with the same results.

Thoughts / Suggestions?

(I'm really trying to avoid placing the individual elements of the DTO on
the exchange as there will be a large number of them and the existing /
intended business services are already focused around usage of a DTO
reference.  I'm using a property rather than a header due the fact that the
body itself will undergo a number of different changes).
Craig Taylor