camel-users mailing list archives

From Vanshul.Chawla <Vanshul.Cha...@target.com>
Subject RE: Camel aggregation in case of server shutdown
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 07:23:48 GMT
Ok. Thanks.

Thanks and Regards,

Vanshul Chawla

-----Original Message-----
From: Claus Ibsen [mailto:claus.ibsen@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 12:51 PM
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: Re: Camel aggregation in case of server shutdown

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Vanshul.Chawla <Vanshul.Chawla@target.com> wrote:
> Thanks Claus. What in case someone kills process pid of server? Ie force kill the server?

Then they are lost.

There is this component on the way in a future Camel release that may help
http://camel.apache.org/file2

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Vanshul Chawla

only, and you would loose those messages. There is pluggable persistent stores, but they have
their own pros/cons.

> Its better to stop the consumer that takes in new messages, and wait for the aggregator
batch to complete so there is no inflight, and then stop.

> You can also enable forceCompletionOnStop on the aggregator then it flushes out all in-flight
exchanges so you can stop quicker. In fact it may be the option you are looking for.

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Vanshul.Chawla <Vanshul.Chawla@target.com> wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> We have a scenario wherein we aggregate message coming from a IBM MQ queue for 15
minutes before spitting a batch out to another MQ.
>> Suppose we have a server shutdown at 10th minute, what will happen to inflight messages?
Will these be lost? Or will Fuse server restart get these messages and flush them out to destination.

--
Claus Ibsen