camel-users mailing list archives

From Vanshul.Chawla <Vanshul.Cha...@target.com>
Subject RE: Camel aggregation in case of server shutdown
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2015 07:15:18 GMT
Thanks Claus. What in case someone kills process pid of server? Ie force kill the server?

Thanks and Regards,

Vanshul Chawla

-----Original Message-----
From: Claus Ibsen [mailto:claus.ibsen@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 15, 2015 12:41 PM
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: Re: Camel aggregation in case of server shutdown

How do you aggregate them? If you use the Camel aggregator then its by default in-memory only,
and you would loose those messages. There is pluggable persistent stores, but they have their
own pros/cons.

Its better to stop the consumer that takes in new messages, and wait for the aggregator batch
to complete so there is no inflight, and then stop.

You can also enable forceCompletionOnStop on the aggregator then it flushes out all in-flight
exchanges so you can stop quicker. In fact it may be the option you are looking for.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Vanshul.Chawla <Vanshul.Chawla@target.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We have a scenario wherein we aggregate message coming from a IBM MQ queue for 15 minutes
before spitting a batch out to another MQ.
> Suppose we have a server shutdown at 10th minute, what will happen to inflight messages?
Will these be lost? Or will Fuse server restart get these messages and flush them out to destination.

--
Claus Ibsen