camel-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Lamb <dan...@discoverygarden.ca>
Subject Re: PHP and OSGi?
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2015 14:56:26 GMT
Thanks Claus,

That’s sort of what I figured.  I couldn’t find anything relevant to PHP on the web and
was thinking that might be the case.  I understand it’s not a very common use case and was
more curious than anything else.

We’re integrating a bunch of Symfony command line php scripts with a preservation system
and a CMS, and thought it would be nice for our community (which is mostly php developers)
to be able to use that feature of camel if they needed to do some one-liners in a blueprint
xml without dipping into Java.

Javascript will do just fine, though.  Or they can just learn a little Java :D

Thanks again.  As always, the Camel community is prompt and courteous.

~Danny

On Jul 2, 2015, at 11:36 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Yeah there is only specialized camel-script-xxx features for those
> that works in OSGi like ruby, javascript.
>
> You cannot use php, or at least we have no osgi bundle of a library
> that works and that we test with.
>
> And is there any reason you cannot just use any of the other scripting
> language or java.
>
> On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 9:32 PM, Daniel Lamb <daniel@discoverygarden.ca> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Has anyone out there ever successfully used PHP within camel routes running in an
OSGi container?   I keep getting the following error despite having camel-script installed:
Bundle php_test.xml is waiting for dependencies [(&(language=php)(objectClass=org.apache.camel.spi.LanguageResolver))]

>> Is there an extra dependency for it a la camel-script-groovy or camel-script-jruby?
 Is this even possible?

>> Google does not provide much information on the subject, though it alludes to a Quercus
OSGi bundle which appears to be an abandoned effort?