camel-users mailing list archives

From jnupponen <jussi.nuppo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Quartz2 problem with AsyncDelayedDelivery
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2015 12:41:42 GMT
Hi!

Thanks for the information, I'll take another approach to the long
redelivery times then. Can you say some number that would still be
acceptable waiting time in redeliveries?

I don't actually call getContext.stop() in my code but it was in the example
to demonstrate the same effect that typing bundle:stop in Karaf will have.
After that camel-quartz2 bundle needs to be restarted since the
DefaultQuartzScheduler is unable to shutdown.

Thanks!
-Jussi

Claus Ibsen-2 wrote
> Hi
>
> Its bad practice to have so long redelvery intervals. Its is intended for
> short time processing. If you want so long then off load the messages to
> some persistent store and process from there.
>
> Though we have a ticket in JIRA to allow Camel's error handler to discard
> those pending redeliveries in can of shutdown etc. But its not implemented
> yet.

Claus Ibsen-2 wrote