camel-users mailing list archives

From furchess123 <con...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Excluding prototype-scoped @Component route builder from <contextScan>?
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2015 20:20:32 GMT
OK, thanks for looking into this. In the meantime, I suppose I'd have to
remove @Component annotation from my route builders, define them in the
Spring XML file and then define the routeBuilders with the references to
them. That's inconsistent with the rest of my Spring components, but that
certainly solves the problem.

If I am not mistaken, today Camel's /packageScan/ always instantiates any
RouteBuilder instances it finds in the specified packages, including those
annotated as Spring components. This results in such route builders
instantiated twice, which is wrong and should not be happening. Wouldn't it
be reasonable for Camel to recognize Spring-managed RouteBuilder
implementations and simply load those already instantiated by Spring
instances into Camel context - without trying to create an instance?