camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configure ActiveMQ queue forwarding based on wildcard destinations
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 06:22:02 GMT
Hi

Yes.

You can set a header from the spring xml dsl,

<setHeader name="CamelJmsDestination">
   <simple>foo-${header.someName}</simple>
</setHeader>

And use the simple language to build the string value using dynamic tokens.
http://camel.apache.org/simple

And for more powerful languages you can use groovy, mvel etc
http://camel.apache.org/languages.html

You can use simple / languages in the recipient list as well. Its all
the same in Camel, an Expression (or Predicate).

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 1:54 PM, elrick.dutoit
<elrick.dutoit@arcelormittal.com> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
>
> Thank you for the response.
>
> I have read through the resources pointed out, but I guess I am just too new to Camel
to really understand how use these features to achieve my desired outcome.

> Since I am attempting to use the Camel instance embedded into ActiveMQ, it seems that
I only have the Spring method for setting up routes. If there was an easy way in which the
CamelJMSDestinationName could be set to the incoming queue name, just on the different ActiveMQ
instance by just using the Spring environment, it would have been great. But herein lays two
challenges:

> *         Getting to the incoming queue name (maybe from an existing header?)
>
> *         Dynamically concatenating the destination ActiveMQ name and queue name and
assigning it to the destination (maybe using recipientlist with single element).

> I will be spending some more time getting to know Camel better, and hopefully I will
arrive at an acceptable solution.

> Regards

Limited e-mail disclaimer which is available on our website at http://www.arcelormittalsa.com/e-mail-disclaimer.pdf
. By e-mailing ArcelorMittal South Africa Limited, you consent to the terms and conditions
contained in the disclaimer. This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the
ArcelorMittal Group. If you are unable to access the disclaimer, or should you have any queries
regarding its contents, kindly send an e-mail to disclaimer@arcelormittal.com .