camel-users mailing list archives

From Justin Rosenberg <Justin.Rosenb...@crlcorp.com>
Subject RE: Batch Consuming with ConsumerTemplate
Date Wed, 03 Jun 2015 23:00:55 GMT
  So it seems for my use case I can just continue to call receive until it returns null.  Although
this meets my requirement I have the tricky issue that the timeout is being used for each
call.  Therefore the total time of the process could be infinite, even if a timeout is specified.
 It's easy for me to keep my own overall timeout to prevent this.

  Does it make sense to put in a JIRA request for adding a Queue<Exchange> recieveMultiple()
method?  This seems easy to implement and could ensure that the timeout parameter is honored.

  Anyone else think this is a good idea, or am I the only one using the consumer like this
outside of a route?

~Justin

From: Justin Rosenberg
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2015 4:02 PM
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: RE: Batch Consuming with ConsumerTemplate

If can't be done with the ConsumerTemplate, an example using the BatchConsumer API to get
the list of exchanges would be very helpful.

My specific use case would be using the sftp endpoint to download N files at once using the
API (not defining a route).  The idea would be to use a filter where I know there will be
more than one file found by the filter.

What I would expect to be able to do is something like:

Exchange[] exchanges = consumer.recieve();

But obviously the approach is much different.  It's not obvious to me through http://camel.apache.org/maven/current/camel-core/apidocs/org/apache/camel/BatchConsumer.html
or any other Consumer API how this could be accomplished.

Thank you,

~Justin