camel-users mailing list archives

From jamesburn <James.B...@oup.com>
Subject RE: File2: readLock/ready file alternatives
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 13:06:17 GMT
Hi

Thanks Claus for your prompt response!

I did try readLock=changed first:
<from uri="file:/mnt/DEVELOPMENT?delete=true&amp;localWorkDirectory=/tmp&amp;include=.*&amp;readLock=changed&amp;readLockTimeout=20000&amp;readLockCheckInterval=7000"/>

but am still getting incomplete files delivered (mostly).

I can see a zero byte .camelLock file written whilst the file is being collected.  Can I monitor
what is actually happening with readLock whilst it is working?

Cheers

James

From: Claus Ibsen-2 [via Camel] [mailto:ml-node+s465427n5768500h34@n5.nabble.com]
Sent: 23 June 2015 13:46
To: BURN, James
Subject: Re: File2: readLock/ready file alternatives

Hi

There is a readLock=change that check for file size / date
modifications over a time window

are not supported (as per readLock notes in http://camel.apache.org/file2.html)

> I also tried fileLock=rename, but again ended up with an incomplete file.
>
> Getting a "ready" file written after the data file isn't an option as we have no access
to the script which writes the data files.

> Are there any other tricks we can use here. I'm wondering (and this is what I thought
readLock did when I first found it) whether my Camel route can poll any new files for xx seconds
to see if a file has stopped increasing in size. If so then it is collected. Is this what
exclusiveReadLockStrategy would allow? If so, how to I set this up?

> Thoughts most welcome.
>
> Thanks
>
> James
>

> Oxford University Press (UK) Disclaimer
>
> This message is confidential. You should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone.
You may use and apply the information for the intended purpose only. OUP does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are those
of the author only and not of OUP. If this email has come to you in error, please delete it,
along with any attachments. Please note that OUP may intercept incoming and outgoing email
communications.

--
Claus Ibsen