camel-users mailing list archives

From "BURN, James" <James.B...@oup.com>
Subject File2: readLock/ready file alternatives
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 12:25:45 GMT
Hi

I'm using Camel 2.13.2 on a Linux VM to collect/process files on a Windows server.

This is done with a Linux filemount onto a folder on the Windows server.

The issue we're getting is large (37Mb) files are often collected incomplete.

I tried using the readLock, as per:
<from uri="file:/mnt/DEVELOPMENT?delete=true&amp;localWorkDirectory=/tmp&amp;include=.*&amp;readLock=rename&amp;readLockTimeout=20000&amp;readLockCheckInterval=7000"/>

however, this didn't work and I can understand that perhaps the Windows filelock methods are
not supported (as per readLock notes in http://camel.apache.org/file2.html)

I also tried fileLock=rename, but again ended up with an incomplete file.

Getting a "ready" file written after the data file isn't an option as we have no access to
the script which writes the data files.

Are there any other tricks we can use here. I'm wondering (and this is what I thought readLock
did when I first found it) whether my Camel route can poll any new files for xx seconds to
see if a file has stopped increasing in size. If so then it is collected. Is this what exclusiveReadLockStrategy
would allow? If so, how to I set this up?

Thoughts most welcome.

Thanks

James

Oxford University Press (UK) Disclaimer

This message is confidential. You should not copy it or disclose its contents to anyone. You
may use and apply the information for the intended purpose only. OUP does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are those
of the author only and not of OUP. If this email has come to you in error, please delete it,
along with any attachments. Please note that OUP may intercept incoming and outgoing email
communications.