camel-users mailing list archives

From "Mills, Gary (GE Energy Management, consultant)" <gary.mi...@ge.com>
Subject newbie implementation question
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2015 21:57:36 GMT
Hello,

Thanks in advance, forgive me as I a learning. I do try to look these things up also, but
with user feedback this greatly helps point me in the right direction.

I have 4 files to pick up from FTP.  I need to join these files together to achieve 1 single
file.  Each file has a unique header. These Headers need to be aligned. So the aggregation
would need to join the files at the end and beginning of each header. The content of the 1
single file I need to sort by 2 elements, each row is terminated by new line \n. sort content
by a numeric Id value and its timestamp value( field in record ).  I am looking and it appears
that camel can accomplish this without much coding. Am I correct or do I need to code this?

I am thinking:
Import and save the files on the file system. Make sure I have all 4 files. If I don't have
all 4 then wait until next poll and hopefully get the remaining files. The files are said
to be pretty much guaranteed to come in at specific times. I just want to code for the unexpected
event that they are not all present.
So, add FTP endpoint, add FTP route, poll at 4 pm est, and at 4 am est ( I don't know how
to do this or if it can be done in camel ). Then through the route save the files on the file
system. Do another route with aggregation strategy that will complete on 4 files and the append
of the files will need to start with each header ( I do not know how to do this or if it is
possible with camel ).
Msg 1 header A B C
                             1 2 3 ( data )
                             1 2 3
Msg 2 header D E F
                             4 5 6
                            4 5 6
Msg 3 header G H I
                             7 8 9
                             7 8 9
Msg 4 header J K L
                            10 11 12
                            10 11 12
RESULT ===========> A B C D E F G H I J K L
                                                1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
                                                1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
                                                1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Then with another route perform a sort on 2 fields, 1 == asset Id and the 2nd a timestamp.

Please offer suggestions or let me know if this is possible with Camel with little coding.
Thanks again!!!
Gary