camel-users mailing list archives

From Emmanouil Gkatziouras <gkatzio...@gmail.com>
Subject Camel proxy through Tomcat Servlet tunning
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 12:04:41 GMT
Greetings

I had success on creating a camel http proxy that receives data from a
tomcat
servlet (using http://camel.apache.org/servlet-tomcat-example.html)
<http://camel.apache.org/servlet-tomcat-example.html>and redirects the
request to another url.

I am concerned about the throughput and the configurations that should
be applied.

Considering the fact that a servlet is called by many threads, in order
to create the proxy I changed the http client configuration and replaced
the the BasicHttpClientConnectionManager (which is thread safe), with
the PoolingClientConnectionManager. However throughput is low. Is there
any other solution to increase the throughput(for example increasing
camels pool size)? Also are there any other thread safe classes or
resources that I should take into consideration?

Thank you