camel-users mailing list archives

From Gnanaguru S <gnanagu...@gmail.com>
Subject Idea on using Camel replaceFromWith for real routes
Date Tue, 23 Jun 2015 02:32:07 GMT
Howdy,

AdviceWith is one of the great feature for unit testing camel routes. If
some of its capabilities are available for the actual routing, it will be a
great value add.

I have a route which has a JMS from and some subsequent to uris &
processors.

<route id="orchestration-routes">
   <from uri="JMS:queue:bla"/>
   <to uri="wiretap:something"/>
   <process ref="customProcessor" />
   <to uri="xslt:tranformer.xsl" />
</route>

I want to build another route with the same functionality, but with a
'direct' instead of a 'JMS'.

Yes, I can create an additional route to cover this scenario. Something like
this:

<route id="jms-facade">
   <from uri="JMS:queue:bla"/>
   <to uri="direct:bla"/>
</route>

<route id="direct-orchestraion-backend">
   <from uri="direct:bla"/>
   <to uri="wiretap:something"/>
   <process ref="customProcessor" />
   <to uri="xslt:tranformer.xsl" />
</route>

Camel is always flexible, I can cover all kind of scenarios. But I thought
it will be more simple if we can do something like this:

<route id="clientRoute">
   <from uri="CXF:Gateway"/>
   *<to uri="direct:bla?replaceFromWith=orchestration-routes"/>*
</route>

Just a thought ! Better ideas are welcome :) Or it will be nice to know if
there is something which exist already. (Something using XML DSL please)

Regards
Guru