camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <>
Subject Re: Synchronous one time use of endpoint
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 06:29:57 GMT

To pickup only one file then use the fileName or filter options to
select which file.

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 7:38 PM, Justin Rosenberg
<> wrote:
>   I would like to leverage the endpoint abstraction Camel provides, but I don't necessarily
need a route.  My use case is to simply read a file from an FTP server.  Is there a way to
leverage Camel either through the API or a route to synchronously leverage a Camel consumer
> For example, I would like to do something like this:
>   Message message = from("s");
> I understand that I could do something like:
>   from("s").to(someBean);
> However, that would be asynchronous, and potentially consume more than one file.  I could,
in theory, spin up a dynamic route, collect messages, and then spin it down, but that would
require a lot of management.
> Another way to ask the question would be, can I leverage Camel's URI abstraction of the
JSCH API without actually creating routes?
> ~Justin
> The information in this message, and any attachment, is intended for the
> sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed. This
> information may be privileged, confidential, and protected from
> disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
> that you have received this communication in error and that any review,
> disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it, or its contents,
> is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this message
> in error please notify the sender and destroy all copies of this
> communication and any attachments. Thank you.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Twitter: davsclaus
Author of Camel in Action: