camel-users mailing list archives

From Mansour Al Akeel <mansour.alak...@gmail.com>
Subject Polling DB with quartz2 stateful
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 14:08:44 GMT
Usually I do this in plain java without using camel, however, I would
like to start using camel for similar tasks.

I need to use stateful job t opreserve state and variable for last
run. One of these variable is the ID for the last record that was
processed. I have seen that some developers mark a field with "DONE"
in the originating table. However this is not possible as we don't
have write permission to the originating table. And we can not read
all the records, because the table may get big.

So here's what I want to do:

// poll the table every 5 seconds

// if any new resords added or update_timestamp changed, then select
those new records

// use Message Enricher to get the new data from the DB. Iterate over them.

// Send each updated record to message queue to be indexed by lucene
or JDBC endpoint to be inserted into the target table.

// store the last_id or timestamp for the processed recored to be used
in the next run.

A similar functionaity, I may need soon to poll CIMS sharepoint, where
I don't have write access in the originating DB.

I was not able to locate any example for using quartz2 stateful job.

Any advice or pointer ?

Thank you