camel-users mailing list archives

From Aki Yoshida <elak...@gmail.com>
Subject StAXSource to InputStream direct conversion
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 14:26:00 GMT
Hi,
There is currently no direct type conversion from StAXSource or
XMLStreamReadder to InputStream. Am I correct? I noticed this while
looking at the camel-cxf's StAXSource related xml-namespace issue
(CAMEL-8663) when converting to InputStream, the conversion succeeded
but went via DOM's NodeList, which you wouldn't really want.

Assuming this assumption, I am wondering if we can add a direct
converter. I wrote a class that can convert XMLStreamReader to
InputStream or Reader using a small buffer while I was doing the
xmltokenizer last year. A converter can be easily written using this
approach.

The code is available here and you can look at them.

https://github.com/elakito/misc-xml/blob/master/src/main/java/de/elakito/misc/xml/util/XMLStreamReaderInputStream.java
https://github.com/elakito/misc-xml/blob/master/src/main/java/de/elakito/misc/xml/util/XMLStreamReaderReader.java

Let me know what you think.

regards, aki