camel-users mailing list archives

From PaSik <tompa...@poczta.fm>
Subject CamelExceptionCaught not cleared after successful redelivery
Date Thu, 07 May 2015 07:24:41 GMT
Hi,

Could you guys please help me out with one thing.

I have a route that has an error handler configured for a specific exception with redelivery
settings. When this exception is thrown the redelivery is attempted and succeeds but before
the processing is continued only the exception field on the exchange is cleared but not the
CamelExceptionCaught property (in RedeliveryErrorHandler).
The processing is then forwarded to another route through seda that copies the exchange along
with the
CamelExceptionCaught exchange property and it happens so that on this other route a component
is used (soap data format, specifically it's the Soap11DataFormatAdapter class) that checks
the property and throws the exception on this other route. This looks really weird as I'm
getting an exception on a route/thread that never throws one.

I'm wondering whether this property shouldn't be cleared after successful redelivery. Please
let me know if I should register a ticket for this issue.

Also what would be the suggested way of handling this problem (I'm using version 2.10.7 and
don't have the luxury of upgrading to a newer version). I'm thinking about clearing this property
manually on entry to the seda route, but maybe there is a better way to handle this. My suggested
solution should work because no other component seems to be throwing exceptions using CamelExceptionCaught
property in the original route.

On the other hand maybe it's the soap data format that checks the property that should be
fixed? Maybe it should only be reacting to the exceptions set directly on the exchange?

Or maybe it's me who is doing at all wrong and all the camel components are just fine 😉.

Thanks,
Tom