camel-users mailing list archives

From Juan Pablo Converso <>
Subject Camel with Tomcat (with or without Spring) doesn't release memory after Stop Restart or Redeployment
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 23:14:59 GMT
Dear Camel Experts,

I'm having a problem using camel with tomcat as the container. For some
reason after several stop/restarts or redeployments the application generate
a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError And I need to restart tomcat

I tried to simplify the problem and discover the same behavior using the
examples in the official release package. Mainly I downloaded:

And generated the WARs using mvn install for the following examples:
 - camel-example-servlet-tomcat-no-spring
 - camel-example-servlet-tomcat

Then deployed any of the WARs generated to tomcat: 7.0.55.

So when I open the tomcat manager and click the button stop, the application
stop gracefully but when I click the button "Find Leaks", tomcat manager
displays the following:

The following web applications were stopped (reloaded, undeployed), but
classes from previous runs are still loaded in memory, thus causing a memory
leak (use a profiler to confirm):

I also verified the same behaviour using a profiler, when start and then
stop is clicked several times the application generates and the OutOfMemory
error and tomcat needs to be restarted

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance!
 Best Regards
   Juan Pablo