camel-users mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Using camel in OSGI bundles.
Date Wed, 20 May 2015 07:55:36 GMT
Hi all,

I am new to camel framework. I am using camel framework in OSGI bundles for
simple routing purpose. Right now I am using single OSGI camel context. When
the OSGI bundle starts, the single context is also started and the context
is closed when the bundle stops. Regarding this, I have few questions.
Please guide us.

1) Is this the right way using the OSGI camel contexts?

 2) I have written two custom camel components(these are the data providers
to my camel route) and I am adding that components to the OSGI camel context
when the application starts, Is this right ?

3) If there is an issue in this custom component, will it affect the entire
camel context?

This is how I am initializing the bundle OSGI camel context.

OsgiServiceRegistry reg = new OsgiServiceRegistry(bundleContext);

this.context=new OsgiDefaultCamelContext(bundleContext, reg);

Thanks  in advance.