camel-users mailing list archives

From Derek Bassett <derek.bass...@thistech.com>
Subject Re: kafka producer - multiple brokers
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2015 04:10:40 GMT
So we use the Kafka Consumer with multiple brokers

X.X.X.X:9092,X.X.X.X:9092,X.X.XX.X:9092

without any issue.

Derek

> On Apr 4, 2015, at 8:23 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> I am not sure if the current camel-kafka supports this. You are
> welcome to dive into the source code.
> And if its not then welcome to log a JIRA and work on a patch.
> Also the docs could use some love.
>
> You can read here about how to help
> http://camel.apache.org/contributing.html
>
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 9:13 PM, Alan Robson <alan.robson@viasat.com> wrote:
>> Please excuse my lack of experience with Kafka, but I understood that for
>> redundancy purposes, a cluster would generally contain multiple brokers and
>> that a producer woudl try to connect to any of a list of them.
>>
>> If that's true, how might I tell Camel about the availability of multiple
>> brokers. I only see an opportunity to put a single broker in the URI
>> (192.168.0.1:9092 in this case) ?
>>
>> For example if myblueprint contains...

>> uri="kafka:192.168.0.1:9092?producerType=sync&amp;zookeeperHost=192.168.0.2&amp;zookeeperPort=2181&amp;topic=test&amp;partitioner=camel.myPartitioner&amp;serializerClass=kafka.serializer.DefaultEncoder&amp;keySerializerClass=kafka.serializer.StringEncoder"
>> />
>>

>> Many thanks
>>
>> Alan
>>

>> --
>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> Red Hat, Inc.
> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
> Twitter: davsclaus
> Blog: http://davsclaus.com
> hawtio: http://hawt.io/
> fabric8: http://fabric8.io/

The information contained in this e-mail message is the confidential information of THIS TECHNOLOGY,
Inc. and is intended for use only by the individual or entity above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
or duplication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify us by telephone and return the original message to us. Thank
you.