camel-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Christopher Piggott <cpigg...@gmail.com>
Subject XMPP 2.15.0 vs. 2.15.1 failing
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2015 10:18:10 GMT
Hi,

Earlier this evening I upgraded my camel project from 2.15.0 to 2.15.1 with
no other code changes, and suddenly I was unable to connect to my XMPP
server.  The error I got was roughly this:

"SASLauthentication failed using mechanism DIGEST-MD5:"

I did some brief troubleshooting but was not able to solve the problem, so
I just dropped back to 2.15.0.

Searching various mailing lists I found a number of people complaining of
the same problem; a ton of bad/unhelpful advice; and a good amount of
skepticism that it's even really a problem.  It certainly appears to be one
to me.  Permissions, keys, etc. dealing with this kind of stuff (including
self-signed certificates on openfire servers) has always been pretty ugly
in Java anyway.  Most of the time I can fix things by adding various trust
providers, or screwing around with keytool - but it's pretty hideous.

I am following advice from the camel xmpp page and posting this to the
mailing list rather than filing a bug.  If someone believes this really is
a bug let me know and I'll be happy to fill out the ticket.  Or, of course,
if you have some workaround that will allow this to continue working,
that's great too.  Despite the fact that it's trying to use digest, it's
still inside of an SSL so I'm not overly concerned about it.  (I just don't
want to spend my life screwing around working around openfire).

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message