camel-users mailing list archives

From Claus Ibsen <claus.ib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: kafka producer - multiple brokers
Date Sun, 05 Apr 2015 06:00:28 GMT
Hi

Ah good, yeah maybe that can be used the same on the producer side.
The documentation really need a bit of love.

Anyway wanna help?
http://camel.apache.org/how-do-i-edit-the-website.html

On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 6:10 AM, Derek Bassett
<derek.bassett@thistech.com> wrote:
> So we use the Kafka Consumer with multiple brokers
>
> X.X.X.X:9092,X.X.X.X:9092,X.X.XX.X:9092
>
> without any issue.
>
> Derek
>
>> On Apr 4, 2015, at 8:23 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am not sure if the current camel-kafka supports this. You are
>> welcome to dive into the source code.
>> And if its not then welcome to log a JIRA and work on a patch.
>> Also the docs could use some love.
>>
>> You can read here about how to help
>> http://camel.apache.org/contributing.html
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 9:13 PM, Alan Robson <alan.robson@viasat.com> wrote:
>>> Please excuse my lack of experience with Kafka, but I understood that for
>>> redundancy purposes, a cluster would generally contain multiple brokers and
>>> that a producer woudl try to connect to any of a list of them.
>>>
>>> If that's true, how might I tell Camel about the availability of multiple
>>> brokers. I only see an opportunity to put a single broker in the URI
>>> (192.168.0.1:9092 in this case) ?
>>>
>>> For example if myblueprint contains...

>>> uri="kafka:192.168.0.1:9092?producerType=sync&amp;zookeeperHost=192.168.0.2&amp;zookeeperPort=2181&amp;topic=test&amp;partitioner=camel.myPartitioner&amp;serializerClass=kafka.serializer.DefaultEncoder&amp;keySerializerClass=kafka.serializer.StringEncoder"
>>> />
>>>

>>> Many thanks
>>>
>>> Alan
>>>

>>> --
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> Red Hat, Inc.
>> Email: cibsen@redhat.com
>> Twitter: davsclaus
>> Blog: http://davsclaus.com
>> hawtio: http://hawt.io/
>> fabric8: http://fabric8.io/
>
> The information contained in this e-mail message is the confidential information of THIS
TECHNOLOGY, Inc. and is intended for use only by the individual or entity above. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution, or duplication of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please immediately notify us by telephone and return the original message
to us. Thank you.

--
Claus Ibsen