camel-users mailing list archives

From ccampo <cca...@gmail.com>
Subject The Camel Kafka component crashes with a NoClassDefFoundError exception.
Date Wed, 15 Apr 2015 15:50:13 GMT
The Camel Kafka component crashes with a NoClassDefFoundError exception.

If you define a Camel route which uses the Camel Kafka component, it will
crash when running with a NoClassDefFoundError. I've tracked this down to
the project that uses camel-kafka 2.15.1 also requires an explicit
dependency on scala-library 2.10.2. This dependency is not mentioned
anywhere in the documentation. Here's the error that occurs when the Scala
dependency is missing:

Here's the route I'm using:

My project is using Spring Boot 1.2.3 and Camel 2.15.1.

Would you like me to open a JIRA ticket for this to be resolved?