camel-users mailing list archives

From lancemethot <Lance.Met...@LibertyMutual.com>
Subject Help with sequential, synchronous routes
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 16:48:21 GMT
Greetings,

I am new to Camel, so forgive me if my terminology is not correct.

I have a process that must perform the following work:

- process 'new users'
- process 'new customers'
- process relationships between users and customers

Processing relationships will fail unless the users and customers have
already been processed.

I have implemented the above using three separate Camel routes and the
mybatis interface. An example route is:

 from("mybatis:fetchUserUpdates"+
    "?statementType=SelectList"+
    "&consumer.useIterator=true"+
    "&consumer.routeEmptyResultSet=false"+
    "&consumer.onConsume=updateLastUserProcessed"+
    "&delay=5m")
   .setHeader("TransmissionIdentifier", simple("${body?.getmUUID}"))
   .marshal(cdf)
   .to("file:/request/"+
      "?fileName=Request-${header.TransmissionIdentifier}.xml"+
      "&doneFileName=${file:name}.{{trigger.extension}}"+
      "&autoCreate=true"+
      "&fileExist=Override")
   .end();

The customer and relationship routes are similar.

I am only able to make use of mybatis consumer.useIterator and
consumer.onConsume attributes if mybatis is invoked in the "from" method.
These didn't seem to work when called from to()... which makes sense to me.
I really like consumer.useIterator and consumer.onConsume, as it
considerably simplifies the code.

But how can I chain these three separate routes so that they process
sequentially and synchronously? They are each firing on independent delays
and there is no guarantee that the user and customer information is
processed before relationships.

I looked into direct() but didn't have much luck. Is there another way to
define route dependencies or to chain producers?

Thanks,
Lance