camel-users mailing list archives

From ddewaele <ddewa...@gmail.com>
Subject Camel RestConfiguration bindingMode
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2015 13:17:34 GMT
I have a Camel REST component that I use to process a JSON message when a
clients POSTs a JSON string. The idea is that the conversion to a POJO is
handled by the Camel / REST component. This is how my route is configured :

This was working fine at some point but all of a sudden I started getting
this :

During debugging I nocited that the RestBindingProcessor didn't execute
because the RestBindingDefinition had a bindingMode=off. (Strange because it
was set to JSON through the restConfiguration() DSL. I did have another
route with an "empty" restConfiguration() so I guess that one was picked up.

When I put the bindingMode(RestBindingMode.json) on the rest component
directly it works.

Any ideas why it didn't pick up the global restConfiguration on the route ?

I can reproduce it on the camel-example-servlet-rest-tomcat sample by adding
the following route. This will break the UserRouteBuilder where a json
binding is defined.

What exactly is the scope of a restConfiguration ? Is it scoped to the route
where it is defined or is global for all routes ?