camel-users mailing list archives

From Marco Crivellaro <>
Subject Re: request-reply with ActiveMQ and Camel
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2015 09:56:12 GMT
Thanks for the replies

Camel is only used to consume the request queue and post the replies, the
requestor is a .NET app based on NMS and the aggregation part works fine as
the setup works fine when using a standard queue on JMSReplyTo header: camel
is sending the multiple replies to the queue and the requestor (.net)
receives/aggregates them.

At the moment the request is processed using InOut, the processing of the
exchange is creating a DefaultProducer to send all chunks of the reply up to
the second-last and the last is sent using standard routing.

the problem occurs when qualifying a temporary queue as JMSReplyTo as the
consumer is only receiving the last chunk (the one pushed by InOut routing),
I've figured out the remaining messages (1:N-1) where being sent to a
standard queue named temp-queue://ID:crive-50476-635594189841567445-1:0:1
so I thought camel was not interpreting correctly the destination prefix
when used in my producer template.

I than changed it so it was using camel temp queue naming by using a string
replace so that the producer template could use temp:queue: instead of
temp-queue://, so in my example the destination would have been:
By looking into the logs I can see the producer sending messages to a
different temp queue temp-queue://ID:crive-50473-1423818570510-3:1:1.

It looks like camel generates a new temporary queue name for some reason
endpoint uri: "temp:queue:ID:crive-50476-635594189841567445-1:0:1"
queue used by camel: "temp-queue://ID:crive-50473-1423818570510-3:1:1"

I have tried to look into Camel source code to see how camel handles the
InOut but haven't found it yet, anyone can give me any pointer? Thanks!