camel-users mailing list archives

From Anton Hughes <kurren...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logging throttled messages?
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2015 01:23:02 GMT
On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 1:20 AM, Claus Ibsen <claus.ibsen@gmail.com> wrote:

> log how?

Hi Claus

My use-case is, my application sometimes gets overloaded due to too many
incoming messages. In order to maintain uptime and performance I would like
to throttle these. Specifically, i would like to discard - not delay - any
messages that are above the throttle threshold.

However, should there be the need to identify if a message was discarded, I
need to log to file each message that has been discarded due to being
throttled.

Would the ThrottlingInflightRoutePolicy be the best solution for this?

Thanks