camel-users mailing list archives

From Dirk Lattermann - expertplace <Dirk.Latterm...@expertplace.de>
Subject Camel-CXF: Problems transforming namespace of incoming message
Date Mon, 19 Jan 2015 16:29:08 GMT
Hello,

we need to build a proxy for an external request/reply SOAP web service. This same service
must be offered both unmodified (namespace A) and with a different namespace B in the message
schema. In both cases, some additional routing decisions must be taken.

For this, we have defined a CXF producer endpoint (using cxf:cxfEndpoint) in POJO message
format that addresses the external service, using their WSDL (namespace A). The unmodified
proxy on the consuming (input) side is also a CXF endpoint in POJO format, using the same
WSDL. A route forwards (after some routing decisions) from this to the external service; this
works.

To offer the service with a different namespaces, we tried several approaches without success.

One possibility seems to be a CXF consumer endpoint in MESSAGE message format that uses a
StaxTransformationFeature to modify the namespace from B to A.
This endpoint uses a modified WSDL with namespace B instead of A. It must use MESSAGE, not
POJO, because the WSDL file with the modified message namespace B would not match the transformed
message in namespace A, which results in a parsing (JAXB) exception from CXF. We would like
to send the transformed message to our own namespace A consumer endpoint to run through the
normal routing decisions mentioned above. We cannot use the POJO endpoint because the message
is in  MESSAGE format. So, we tried POSTing the message using the HTTP component:

<route id="cxf-admin-nsmap-route">
    <from uri="cxf:bean:fc-admin-service"/>
    <to uri="http://${fc.endpoint.host}:${fc.endpoint.port}/${fc.admin_cxf_nsmod.endpoint.path}"/>
</route>

This fails with

Invalid uri: /fc/admin. If you are forwarding/bridging http endpoints, then enable the bridgeEndpoint
option on the endpoint: Endpoint[http://$%7Bfc.endpoint.host%7D:$%7Bfc.endpoint.port%7D/$%7Bfc.admin_cxf_nsmod.endpoint.path%7D]

/fc/admin is the path for the incoming request (defined by cxf:bean:fc-admin-service), not
the one defined in the to-uri (${fc.admin_cxf_nsmod.endpoint.path}).

We tried to add the bridgeEndpoint property as in

<route id="cxf-admin-nsmap-route">
    <from uri="cxf:bean:fc-admin-service"/>
    <to uri="http://${fc.endpoint.host}:${fc.endpoint.port}/${fc.admin_cxf_nsmod.endpoint.path}?bridgeEndpoint=true"/>
</route>

This fails with

org.apache.commons.httpclient.URIException: Invalid authority

A different approach where we tried XSLT to transform the namespaces, use JAXB unmarshalling
and create a MessageContentsList to convert the message into POJO format by hand which can
then be sent into the routing decision route directly leads to difficulties with marshalling
the response back: the namespace prefix for the type names in (as xsd in xsi:type="xsd:string")
gets lost. On top, this approach seems still uglier an less maintainable than the first one
I described.

What might be a working and clean, simple, maybe even elegant solution to this problem? It's
simply mapping a message in one namespace to another!

Thank you,
Dirk