camel-users mailing list archives

From "Gershaw, Geoffrey A. " <>
Subject Managing scheduled jobs programmatically in Camel
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:09:27 GMT

A quick update to this. Would the camel approach to managing Quartz jobs programmatically

1.    For every new job, create a new route dynamically. The quartz endpoint would be configured
dynamically by creating the option string programmatically. Something like this:

a.    from("quartz2://myGroup/myTimerName?trigger.repeatInterval=2&trigger.repeatCount=1").routeId("myRoute").to("mock:result")

2.    To delete the job, stop/delete the route.

3.     To change the job,  do step 2 followed by step 1.

4.    If the above is correct, I would like to send the new quartz route an object that it
will send according to the schedule. Once the quartz route has this object, it can start firing.
I don't want it firing without the object.

Hopefully, the above is clear. Any suggestions, would be greatly appreciated.

Geoffrey A Gershaw