camel-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Pocock <dan...@pocock.pro>
Subject Camel SMPP consumer threading issues
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 15:01:00 GMT

I've noticed that the producer is just creating one transmitter bind but
the consumer appears to try and create multiple receiver binds.

I tried putting threads(1, 1) into the consumer route but it still
appears to try and create multiple receiver binds.

There are many scenarios where somebody would only want to use a single
receiver bind.

Many providers limit the number of binds and the component creates a lot
of noise in the log file when it can't create additional binds because
the SMSC rejects the additional connections with negative response code 5.

I went looking for information about this and found the following
related comments about threading issues in jSMPP:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/MR-838

I've created a JIRA issue for this in Camel:

Has anybody else seen problems like this?

Can anybody comment on how to limit the number of receiver binds the
consumer will make?