camel-users mailing list archives

From benjamins <>
Subject Camel maximumredelivery policy - How can I make it work?
Date Sat, 31 Jan 2015 16:17:01 GMT
Dear All!

I'm working on a project, we are using Apache Camel. I have a question
regarding to the error handling.

So, I have a route, which splits a file to elements and tries to send each
element to a given endpoint.
If something goes wrong, the failing element is saved to an other folder,
and the route (which examines that folder) tries to send it again.

It's trying to send it infinitely. But I wish I could make it somehow "stop"
after a few tries.

The first route, which splits the incoming data:
from(it's reading from a specified folder)
                    //here are a few "when"s, which describe, where should
we send.

Ok, it's working. It tries to send the stuff, but when it fails, the
"errorProcessor" creates the fragments to an other folder.

from(it's reading from the folder, where the errorProcessor writes)
                //again, here are a few "when"s

So, I just need to process that folder and try to restrict the number of
This catches the errors, but the maximum redelivery is not working

2.).errorHandler(defaultErrorHandler().maximumRedeliveries(1)) after the
This is also not working...

Most probably, I'm missing something. Could you please enlighten me?

Thanks for your answer in advance.