camel-users mailing list archives

From Satyam Maloo <maloosat...@gmail.com>
Subject Choosing between Mapping Options
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2015 07:29:54 GMT
We have a camel project requirement where 5 SOAP based CXF services needs to
interact with each other.
Among these 2 camel projects are consumer and 3 cxf providers.

The integration framework used is JBoss Fuse ESB.

At the Integration layer we have created a common canonical format xsd.
Now we need to do transformations from consumer data format to the common
canonical data format and form common data format to provider data format
and vice versa.

We have the below options available for data mapping:
1. Creating POJO classes from wsdl and common xsd using wsdl2java plugin on
wsdl and then in the routes write java converters/mapping (something like
targetStructure.set(incomingStructure.get()))
2. Use xslt/xquery for transformation

Which is a better option? Java mapping or XLST mapping? Consider that we are
using CXF framwork  to push data to target system and writing integration
flows using Spring DSL
Kindly suggest with advantages over the other.
Thanks in advance.

Satyam

-----
Satyam